Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The First of Many

For years I've wanted to start blog, but it just didn't feel right. Looking back, I wish I had started one sooner...I could have documented my experiences and had an organized, ongoing log of everything I'd learned over the years of clinics, camps, various sports, workouts, competitions, traveling and coaching. I've always been a writer, anyone who has ever sat next to me in school knows that the sides of my notes are filled with "gymnastics" something or other- from potential skill upgrades, to stick figure gymnasts undergoing biomechanical sketches of how skills work, to shaping circuits, to conditioning lists.
So what is the purpose of this blog? To be honest, it's for me. It's an organized platform for me to compile my ideas, passions, coaching philosophy, circuits, conditioning lists, and experiences as a competitive gymnast, dancer, diver, trampolinist, power tumbler, cheerleader, judge, student, and coach. In addition, its a place for me to reflect. I've chosen to share it for those interested in following my journey and learning about what athletics has done for me.
To those of you interested, I will be honest, it will probably be a smorgasbord of assorted posts. Feel free to read those that interest you, and skip those that do not. Also remember that first and foremost, I am writing this for me, and I have chosen to share it as a way to give back some of what I have learned along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment